Job title: SEO Manager
Location: City of London (near Liverpool Street station/Spitalfields)
Salary: c.£40k+ dependent upon experience
Reports to: Head of Execution
Itineris is a multi-award-winning full-service digital agency with a talented team of marketing strategists, creatives and developers. We believe that with the right information and expertise, anything is possible.
Due to continued success, we are looking for a bright, confident and ambitious SEO Manager to join our execution team in London.
As our SEO Manager, you will lead the department, working on retained, ad-hoc and consulting projects with the objective of growing the team by increasing your clients’ performance in organic search.
Responsibilities and duties
- Working with both B2B and B2C with clients in the education, not-for-profit, professional services and technology sectors
- Developing strong relationships with the senior teams of key client accounts
- Shaping our approach to SEO, and defining the types of engagement most suited to helping clients improve their organic performance
- Representing Itineris at industry events and taking opportunities to raise profile through roundtable discussions and event presentations
- Taking responsibility for the commercial success of the department, and growing the SEO team
- Leading pitches for UK and International search accounts
- Providing strategic SEO consultancy to retained clients, and to our creative and technology teams
- Working with our paid media team to deliver an integrated SEM strategy
- Establishing a testing framework to test the impact of specific optimisation activities on performance, then scaling the work that delivers the best returns
- Overseeing SEO audits, performance benchmarking, goalsetting, and presenting optimisation recommendations
- Scoping, planning and managing SEO campaign and project work
- Identifying opportunities to incorporate leading-edge optimisation opportunities into our web design and development processes
- Working with the measurement team to scope and deliver insightful organic performance reporting
- Providing SEO training and support to clients’ development, content and PR teams
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of SEO best practises, SERP features and new opportunities for competitive advantage through SEO
- Other responsibilities in keeping with a management position at an ambitious digital agency
We’re looking for someone smart (brains not suit), relentlessly positive and ambitious.
You’ll have experience running your own team of SEO Engineers/Execs for an agency already, or you are looking for your next step into management after a solid grounding as a Senior SEO Engineer.
Either way, you’ll hold a university degree, and have:
- Experience working with multiple clients at a senior level to improve their SEO performance
- A solid understanding of general and digital marketing concepts and strategy, plus hands-on SEO experience across:
- Understanding search intent
- Onsite and technical optimisation
- Offsite profile optimisation
- Knowledge graph optimisation and schema markup
- SEO performance reporting
- Ideally at least some international SEO experience, and have worked with the WordPress CMS before (we specialise in WordPress builds)
- The ability to:
- explain technical concepts simply to a non-technical audience
- confidently talk the detail to a technical audience
- know which one is appropriate to the situation!
- Project/work management experience including working with development teams and freelancers
- Confidence in using Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid experience with a range of specialist SEO tools (for example ScreamingFrog, AHrefs, SEMRush, Majestic, AWR, Accuranker, Brightlocal etc …)
- Persuasive, accurate and clear communication skills
- A team-player with a positive, can-do attitude and a good sense of humour
- The opportunity to work with and learn from a dynamic team of award-winning digital experts
- A progressive leadership team that encourages and rewards new ideas and career development
- Responsibility from day one and no limit to your progression
- Fantastic modern offices in the heart of the City
- Regular company socials in London and Suffolk
- Teambuilding and charity fundraising days
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company pension
- An adorably daft office dog
How to apply
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you. Apply now with your CV by emailing [email protected] and let us know why you’d be perfect for this role.
Itineris is a results-driven agency that partners with ambitious clients to help them grow. We work collaboratively, delivering award-winning digital strategy, web projects and marketing campaign work that drives meaningful results.
Whether providing strategic advice or hands-on implementation, we combine creative ideas with a skilled and knowledgeable team to deliver them.
We’re committed to quality and continuous improvement, as such Itineris is a Google Partner, Facebook Partner, Microsoft Certified Partner, a member of the Amazon Web Services Partner Network and a Sitefinity Platinum Partner. We are also members of The Drum’s Recommended Agencies Register and the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
PLEASE NOTE: We are recruiting for this role in-house and do not accept unsolicited approaches from recruitment agencies. Please don’t think there are any exceptions to this! There aren’t any.