Location: Ipswich, Suffolk IP8 3JQ
Salary: £40,000 p.a.
Close Date: 29th February 2020
We have an extremely exciting opportunity for a Senior WordPress developer to join an exceptional multi-award winning digital agency based in Ipswich, Suffolk. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a leading player in digital marketing who specialise in digital strategy, website design & development and digital campaigns (SEO, PPC, social media and email marketing). We are a rapidly expanding company who have an innovative approach to business.
Responsibilities and duties
As a Senior WordPress Developer you will need to be a dynamic and self-starting individual who is ready to lead the development across all platforms and deliver the strategic technology direction of existing and new websites. You will be responsible for:
- Leading the development and enhancement of new and existing websites
- Managing the developers with system design and implementation to achieve better outcomes for our customers
- Ensuring responsive design, user experience, and coding standards are followed
- Providing leadership and management in finding and developing new technologies, and methods to advance our web offerings.
- Significant experience of software engineering
- Expert WordPress knowledge / skill
- Significant custom theme and plug in development experience
- Responsive web development knowledge using Bootstrap
- PHP, MySQL, WP-CLI knowledge
- Significant experience with cross-browser compatibility and mobile responsiveness
- Knowledge of JSON REST API client development
- Knowledge of Unit Testing and Test-Driven Development
- A working understanding of Webpack, SASS, and GIT
- Good understanding of web accessibility and security
- Passionate about self-improvement and web technologies
- A strong portfolio of custom builds / example code that’s demonstrable on GitHub
- Knowledge of Trellis, Bedrock and Sage (Roots.io)
- Knowledge of CircleCI
- Knowledge of ElasticSearch
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks, preferably Laravel
- Great countryside working environment in an open-plan converted barn, with excellent transport links to the A12 & A14 and plenty of parking
- The chance to work with a fast-growing agile agency with a fun but hardworking team
- Company nights out in London & Suffolk
- A progressive leadership team that encourages new ideas and career development
- Team building charity fundraising days, often involving a bit of physical activity!
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
PLEASE NOTE: We are recruiting for this role in-house and, as such, will not welcome unsolicited approaches from recruitment agencies.
To apply, please contact Tim Butcher by email on [email protected]