Itineris is a full service digital marketing agency that helps ambitious clients grow faster. Due to continued growth we are looking for an intelligent, confident and experienced Business Development Manager to join our London team.
You will be responsible for building key relationships with potential clients, identifying business opportunities, proposing, negotiating and winning digital marketing services contracts.
You will be supported by lead generation and marketing activities but will also proactively build your own pipeline through networking, telephone, email and social media outreach. In short we’re looking for a consultative sales professional that can:
- proactively secure meetings with senior marketing and business decision makers in our key target sectors
- employ a consultative approach to understand their business objectives and challenges
- passionately demonstrate how working with Itineris can help them grow
- pitch, negotiate and close digital marketing services contracts
Responsibilities and duties:
- Identify companies and decision makers that would be a good fit for our agency
- Secure and attend new business meetings with key contacts at potential client companies
- Establish clear briefs, and work with the strategy, measurement, biddable and SEO teams to develop a tailored proposal for each opportunity
- Create and deliver impactful presentations to evangelise digital and sell clients on your proposal
- Write accurate, clear and concise proposal documents – including tender responses – outlining the services to be delivered, the objectives for the work, timelines, costs and terms
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Continuously improve our business development processes to improve efficiency and results
- Input to the development of sales-driven marketing campaigns targeting key markets, decision makers or service areas
- Maintain a good knowledge of the industries and clients we serve, the services we offer, and digital marketing trends and developments
- Stay abreast of the latest sales and business development best practice, and apply to your own approach and processes
- Ensure all company records, contact information and business development activities are updated in HubSpot CRM
- Own your sales target, and maintain a sufficient pipeline of sales opportunities to reach this goal
- Network and represent Itineris at industry events
- Follow up and develop all sales opportunities professionally and quickly
Other responsibilities in keeping with a sales management position at an award-winning digital agency
We’re looking for someone smart (brains not suit), relentlessly positive and ambitious.
You’ll be confident prioritising and managing a number of new business opportunities at the same time, ensuring potential clients experience an insightful, professional and timely service from their first engagement with Itineris.
You’ll need experience winning 5- and 6-figure marketing service contracts for a digital agency, including paid/biddable media, SEO, conversion optimisation and insight/analytics services.
Sales engagements vary from informal meetings to structured tender processes, so it is essential that you are a confident and persuasive communicator in a range of settings, both in-person and in writing.
You’ll also bring:
- A passion for digital marketing that colleagues and clients can feel when they work with you
- A confident, proactive and hands-on approach to all aspects of new business sales
- A hunter’s instinct for a sales opportunity and a strong sense of satisfaction from closing deals
- Demonstrable experience in securing sales meetings with senior marketing decision makers
- Experience presenting, negotiating and closing digital marketing contracts and retainers
- Excellent written communication skills, and the ability to communicate complex ideas simply
- Proficiency with CRM (ideally HubSpot) and Office/sales tools such as PowerPoint and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Ideally some experience with digital marketing platforms and tools such as Google Analytics, Search Console, Google Ads, Sistrix, SEMRush, Ahrefs etc
- A hunger to succeed, grow and work as a team to drive business and revenue growth
- The opportunity to work with and learn from a dynamic team of award-winning digital experts
- A progressive leadership team that encourages and rewards new ideas and career development
- Responsibility from day one and no limit to your progression
- Competitive basic salary and uncapped OTE
- No thresholds, commission paid on all sales
- Fantastic Shoreditch office a stone’s throw from the City
- Regular company socials in London and Suffolk
- Teambuilding and charity fundraising days
- 25 days holiday +bank holidays
- Company pension
- An adorably daft office dog
PLEASE NOTE: We are recruiting for this role in-house and do not accept unsolicited approaches from recruitment agencies.
To apply, please contact Lee Branch by email on [email protected]