Fuel cell energy company GenCell has seen a 364% uplift in conversions to its Contact Us form after appointing us to redesign and build its website.
Established in 2011, GenCell was seeking a new site to help transform its online presence from a research and design company to a global, commercially-focused organisation ‘ready to do business’.
We have also been working with GenCell in the digital marketing space to support the team with SEO, display advertising, continuous testing and technical development to help the company achieve its goals.
What does GenCell do?
GenCell is an award-winning technology company that develops unique fuel cell solutions.
The organisation offers a greener and cleaner solution that diesel alternatives, and powers key power infrastructure in remote locations.
Using the ultra-reliable and exhaust-free technology that powered the American and Russian space programs, GenCell has removed the platinum inside its fuel cells and reduced the quantity of noble metals to provide affordable, clean backup power for telecom, homeland security, healthcare and automated industries.
Headquartered in Israel, GenCell has a regional presence and a distribution and support network in North America, Latin America and Europe. It needed a new site to position itself as an effective provider of clean energy to a global audience.
What were the goals?
The main goals of the site were to increase awareness of the GenCell brand and to help highlight its products to its key markets.
These markets included potential and current customers in sectors such as telecoms, utilities, commercial, industrial, first responders and defence. The site also needed to cater for the press, investors, partners and internal stakeholders.
There needed to be an effective buyer journey in place to help boost traffic and sales enquiries from organic search and other channels.
The design needed to be clean, fresh and commercially-driven with a clear value proposition to the customer; that GenCell gives better ROI than similar providers.
The core goals were to:
- create a website that everyone internally and externally were proud of
- reflect the international reach of the company
- increase engagement
- increase lead generation via enquiry forms
GenCell specifically wanted help with:
- Increasing website traffic and sales enquiries from organic search and other channels
- Increasing awareness of the GenCell brand and products
- Increasing organic search engine visibility for relevant terms throughout the buyer journey
- Improving accuracy and quality of digital performance reporting
How we helped:
Our strategy covered a variety of tactics to help GenCell achieve its goals, namely:
- Online brand development
- Sitemapping research and intuitive architecture creation
- Web design and build with focus on key landing pages
- Testing, quality assurance and deployment
- A/B split testing project and home page redesign
- Bespoke 404 page design and build
- Ongoing technical web support
- Keyword research
- Google Analytics audit & implementation
- Audience evaluation and persona creation
- Ongoing SEO support
- Pardot support integration
- Display and LinkedIn advertising strategy and execution
- Gated content sections for resources and calculators
We worked alongside the GenCell team to create an effective, clean and highly functional website that supported is global positioning and operational goals. In addition to the website design and build project, we supported GenCell’s business development objectives with split testing, SEO, analytical support and paid advertising techniques.
Not only do we work extremely closely with GenCell, having bi-weekly calls and a structured ongoing project plan, we also work alongside its other agencies for a truly integrated approach. We have a monthly meeting with the client, GenCell’s CRM and email agency and its PR agency, which ensures we are all working together in alignment.
Nine months after going live, the new GenCell website has seen some significant results:
- The Contact Us form conversion rate has increased by 364%
- The site had a 356% increase in views to the ‘Products’ page
- There has been a 108% increase in new users
- The site has seen a 228% increase in views to the Markets & Applications pages
Web visitors are staying longer on the site; with the average site visit now 3 minutes and 24 seconds, up from 2 minutes and 46 seconds previously.
The number of visitors globally has also risen considerably with visits from the US up 174%, the UK up 196%, India up 211%, Canada up 378% and visitors from France up 138%.
Organic search for acquisition increased by 90% compared with pre-web and SEO work figures and the amount of direct traffic has increased by 100%.
The early results are truly remarkable. GenCell has ambitious growth plans and we are looking forward to supporting its long-term development with continued strategy and consultative work.